Job Title: Software Engineer (2D/3D Graphics)
Reporting to: Engineering Management
Based: NCTech HQ, Edinburgh
A unique opportunity has arisen for a software engineer with experience in 2D/3D graphics development to join a dynamic and rapidly-growing imaging company based in Edinburgh. The company released its first product, the iSTAR, a fully automatic, instant, 360 degree panoramic camera producing 50 megapixel HDR images in 2012. The ease of use, speed and image quality lends this system to numerous applications from 3D measurement and modelling to asset management and remote condition monitoring. NCTech then released its iris360 camera for prosumer panoramic market. Iris360 is the only panoramic camera which works with Google Street View Trusted. The role is a chance to work on leading edge products and undertake further development of the current systems and software.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of current software, fix bugs and extend its functionality.
- Participate in product design reviews and technical evaluations to ensure and maintain high internal engineering standards.
- Be actively involved in internal and external collaborative R&D effort, particularly in the development of new technology demonstrators.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to testing, calibration, debug procedures and potential fixes.
- Improve engine architecture and evolve an existing codebase.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Attend industry events or conferences to present new advancements.
- Design, build and test world class image processing software.
- Contribute to the maintenance of products.
- Knowledge of OpenGL, GLSL, shading, 3D / 2D graphics.
- Knowledge of imaging systems and computer vision.
- Experience of graphics libraries such as OpenGL, DirectX, GLSL, OpenSceneGraph.
- Familiarity with image processing libraries such as OpenCV.
- Experience of GPU programming, CUDA / OpenCL.
- Experience of WebGL, Three.js, WebVR, canonjs and related libraries.
- Familiarity with different image projections.
- Outstanding math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- Strong OO design and programming skills C++.
- Experience in developing applications for Windows and Linux.
- Familiarity with Cross Platform development.
- Familiarity with STL, Boost and other C++ libraries.
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML).
- Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns.
- Experience using version control (e.g. GIT).
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills.
- Graduate degree or equivalent qualification in IT or software related discipline.
- Familiarity with Image sensors and debayering techniques.
- Knowledge of feature detection algorithms and image matching techniques.
- Knowledge of Image recognition techniques.
- knowledge of photogrammetry and stereo vision.
- Knowledge of Camera Calibration and Lens modelling.
- Knowledge of color camera systems.
- Familiarity with SLAM.
- Knowledge of Matlab and its toolboxes.
- Knowledge of PCL or other point cloud libraries.
- Knowledge of 3D point clouds and laser scanners.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology.
- Experience with scripting languages such as PHP, Python and Perl.
- Experience working with image sensors.
- Experience with Android or iOS development.
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products.
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision.
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging AR/VR landscape.
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills.
- Excellent testing and QA skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Quick learner and proactive in effective problem solving.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to pitch in on many areas of development.
Please send your CV and a one page covering letter highlighting key reasons why you want to work for us to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE