About the job in 60 seconds
You’ll spend your days researching, coding new algorithms for outdoor and indoor localisation by sensor fusion, and setting up new systems for data collection and testing.
You’ll be proactive in making sure our cameras offer the most accurate positions of the image captured and you’ll be explaining the chosen solutions to people of various backgrounds (technical & non‐technical).
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you’ll also get the chance to take an active part in image processing development and code optimisation.
Things move quickly at NCTech so you’ll need to be a flexible self‐starter, as passionate as us about new technology — and be willing to pitch in whenever needed!
We’d love to talk if you have excellent mathematical skills along with signal processing experience, as well as the following skills & experience:
- Experience of C++ and ideally some experience of either: Python/Octave/Matlab (with strong OO design knowledge).
- Sensor signal processing experience
- Knowledge of probabilistic estimation algorithms (e.g. Kalman filter, particle filter)
- At least a Masters’ Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics (or related STEM discipline)
Bonus points will be given (although not mandatory!) if you have experience of:
- Working with positioning sensor systems (GNSS, IMU, magnetometer…)
- Satellite navigation, dead reckoning and/or SLAM skillset
- Image acquisition, quality and/or processing
- Familiarity with OpenCV
- Working in an Agile environment
- Comfortable developing applications in both Windows & Linux environments
We currently offer:
- A generous holiday allowance of 33 days
- Never work your birthday — we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!
- Enhanced Pension
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech
- Family friendly benefits
- Plenty of shindigs and social events — we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch! In the last year we’ve had impromptu company BBQ’s, Festival nights out, Rabbie Burns night and Round the World Come Dine with Me — as well as a big Christmas party
- Free food and a selection of drinks in the office
Above all we’re really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
If this sounds like you then send your CV along with why you should join our team to [email protected] with the reference SP19.
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your email application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.