About the job in 60 seconds
The Senior Technical Manager will assume overall responsibility for all aspects of the project management process from initial planning through to final delivery of a number of products and services. They will lead a group of software teams within NCTech to ensure there is a structured approach with continuous improvement and a firm commitment to delivering outcomes on time.
The Senior Technical Manager will work together with the Director of Engineering and report directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
As things move quickly at NCTech, you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, be a self‐starter and be flexible in your approach without compromising on quality. You’ll demonstrate excellent planning, communication and analytical skills and the ability to effectively manage people and change.
We’d love to talk to you if you have:
- A proven background track record as a Technical Lead delivering organisational, technical or service change and managing and ensuring delivery of project based milestones in a technology‐based environment.
- Previous experience working within a cloud architecture environment, leading software teams in the areas of cloud processing as well as front & backend development.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing multiple, robust stakeholder relationships, liaising between technical, commercial and senior management stakeholders and decision‐makers.
Although not essential, it would be great if you also have:
- Knowledge and experience of applying process improvement techniques.
- Proven experience as a Technical Project Lead ensuring software teams deliver on key milestones.
- Good knowledge of formal project management approaches, such as PRINCE2.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project; Gantt charts, resource profiles, and link plans for complex, multi‐resourced projects.
- Knowledge of Googledrive suite.
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Never work your birthday — we think you should always enjoy your birthday off.
- Enhanced Pension.
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech.
- Family friendly benefits
- Free Bar Friday — we down tools early once a month to get a company update from the owners, and then enjoy a few drinks on NCTech.
- Plenty of shindigs and social events — we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch! In the last year we’ve had impromptu company BBQ’s, Festival nights out, Rabbie Burns night and Round the World Come Dine with Me — as well as a big Christmas party of course.
- Free food and drinks in the office.
Above all, we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
If you think this sounds like you then feel free to send your CV along with a quick paragraph on why you should join our team to [email protected] with the reference SM19.