About the job in 60 seconds
You’ll spend your days combining the art of design with the art of programming. You’ll be involved in the development of mobile applications from the UI/UX design wireframes through to the coding that produces all visual elements.
Working with our designers, you’ll bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Things move quickly at NCTech so you’ll need to be a flexible self‐starter, as passionate as us about new technology — and willing to pitch in wherever you’re needed. We’d love to talk to you if you’ve got experience in:
- Cross Platform development (Android, iOS) using React Native (preferred but not critical)
- Mobile Platform development for one of the two platforms (Android, iOS)
- Web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- OO programming and design patterns
It’s not essential but it would be great if you also had:
- Strong C/C++ development
- Familiarity with OpenGL, webGL
- Agile software development methodology
- Experience using version control (e.g. GIT)
We know how important company perks are and we’re continually reviewing our benefits package as we grow.
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Never Work Your Birthday — we think you should always enjoy your birthday off.
- Enhanced Pension.
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech.
- Family friendly benefits.
- Free Bar Friday — we down tools early once a month to get a company update from the owners, and then enjoy a few drinks on NCTech.
- Plenty of shindigs and social events — we’re a sociable bunch and we’re always open to ideas! In the last year we’ve had impromptu company BBQs, Festival nights out, Rabbie Burns night and Round the World Come Dine with Me — as well as a big Christmas party of course.
- Free food and drinks in the office.
- Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome culture.
How to apply
If you think this sounds like you then send your CV along with why you should join our team to [email protected] with the reference MA18.