About the job in 60 seconds
You’ll spend your days ensuring the effective day‐to‐day financial management of the business and will be a key contributor to scaling up the company’s operations during a rapid forecast growth phase.
The Financial Controller (“FC”) will also be responsible for providing detailed and accurate information on a timely basis, including management accounts and cash flow forecasts.
The FC will line manage the Finance Assistant (“FA”) and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”).
You’ll also be involved in a number of other activities:
- Overall control of the sales and purchase ledgers, utilising support of the FA where possible;
- Ensuring all internal controls are adhered to and improved in line with the evolving needs of the business;
- Liaising with NCTech’s auditors and providing accurate, timely information to ensure efficient completion of the statutory audit process;
- Managing compliance with all HMRC requirements (e.g. VAT, PAYE/NI, CT);
- Managing Overall control of the sales and purchase ledgers, utilising support of the FA where possible
- Support the CFO in managing other areas of compliance e.g. property leases, insurance, finance agreements, government information and payments;
- Support the implementation and management of the new employee incentive scheme;
- Delivering our monthly payroll process using external support, in line with agreed deadlines; and
- Supporting the CFO with investor relations activity (which is expected to increase significantly within the next 6–12 months).
Things move quickly at NCTech so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, be a real team player, have the ability to organise your own workload and willing to pitch in wherever you’re needed.
We’d love to talk if you have a solid Finance background as well as the following skills & experience:
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Experience of working with accounting software systems i.e. Xero, SAP, SAGE etc
- Delivering accurate management accounts on a timely basis
- Previous line management & mentoring experience
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and an eagerness to support ad hoc initiatives to drive ongoing development of the Finance function
- Proficient in MS Excel
- First class numerical and analytical skills, as well as a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to present concise and accurate reports
- Ability to manage, coach and motivate colleagues, as well as a commitment to setting high standards
Bonus points if you have experience working with:
- Key legal documentation such as finance facility and commercial agreements, as well as responsibility for ensuring compliance with key terms
- Experience of working in (or exposure to) a VC/PE‐backed or high growth company
We currently offer:
- A generous holiday allowance of 33 days
- Never work your birthday — we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!
- Enhanced Pension
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech
- Family friendly benefits
- Plenty of shindigs and social events — we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch! In the last year we’ve had impromptu company BBQ’s, Festival nights out, Rabbie Burns night and Round the World Come Dine with Me — as well as a big Christmas party
- Free food and a selection of drinks in the office
Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
If this sounds like you then send your CV and coverletter to [email protected] with the reference FC19.
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your email application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.