About the job in 60 seconds
You will spend your days designing and testing NCTech’s world class hardware systems. Actively contributing to the maintenance of our products, fixing bugs and extending the overall functionality of our product‐set!
On top of that you will also participate in product design reviews and technical evaluations, ensuring/maintaining our high internal engineering standards at all times. You get to collaborate with a variety of internal & external stakeholders during the R&D stage, particularly in the development of new technology demonstrators.
Finally, you will play a key role in the creation & maintenance of processes and documentation relating to test, calibration, de‐bug procedures and potential fixes.
Things move quickly at NCTech so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, be a real team player, have the ability to organise your own workload and willing to pitch in wherever you’re needed.
We’d love to talk to you if you have a passion for Electronic Design as well as:
- Schematic capture and PCB design skills
- A proven track record in designing High Speed Digital Electronics including high speed PCB design
- Educated to Degree level in Electronic Engineering (or similar)
- Experience of designing multilayer high‐speed PCB’s
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain a keen eye for detail while still working to a larger brief
- Ability and desire to Mentor other members of the team and help them develop
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Never work your birthday — we think you should always enjoy your birthday off.
- Enhanced Pension.
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech.
- Family friendly benefits
- Free Bar Friday — we down tools early once a month to get a company update from the owners, and then enjoy a few drinks on NCTech.
- Plenty of shindigs and social events — we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch! In the last year we’ve had impromptu company BBQ’s, Festival nights out, Rabbie Burns night and Round the World Come Dine with Me — as well as a big Christmas party of course.
- Free food and drinks in the office.
- Above all, we are really proud of our diverse, open & overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
If you think this sounds like you then feel free to send your CV along with a quick paragraph on why you should join our team to [email protected] with the reference EE19.