About the job in 60 seconds
You’ll spend your days combining the art of cloud processing with the art of software development. You’ll be porting the company processing software to be run on the cloud servers.
Working with our developers in mathematical modelling and web backend development, you’ll bridge these teams to bring a cloud service to life.
Things move quickly at NCTech so you’ll need to be a flexible self‐starter, as passionate as us about new technology — and willing to pitch in wherever you’re needed. You’ll also demonstrate creativity and strong problem solving skills.
We’d love to talk to you if you’ve got experience in:
- Monitoring data processing in Google Cloud.
- Distributed File System, Hadoop, NFS, Samba.
- Big data processing such as Beam, Spark, Flink, Storm.
- SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySql, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, HBase.
- Scripting Java, C++, C, Python.
- Linux configuration, administration with Ubuntu, Fedora
We know how important company perks are and we’re continually reviewing our benefits package as we grow.
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Never Work Your Birthday — we think you should always enjoy your birthday off.
- Enhanced Pension.
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech.
- Family friendly benefits.
- Free Bar Friday — we down tools early once a month to get a company update from the owners, and then enjoy a few drinks on NCTech.
- Plenty of shindigs and social events — we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch! In the last year we’ve had impromptu company BBQs, Festival nights out, Rabbie Burns night and Round the World Come Dine with Me — as well as a big Christmas party of course.
- Free food and drinks in the office.
- Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome culture.
How to apply
If you think this sounds like you then send your CV along with why you should join our team to [email protected] with the reference CE18.