NCTech has established itself as a market leader in the provision of 360° street level imagery and 3D data to Big Tech customers. The company operates globally and is on a rapid growth trajectory, serving the likes of the Immersive Media and Geographic Information System markets. We already collect and process petabytes of data across multiple cloud platforms all across the globe.
About the job in 60 seconds
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer to join a dynamic and rapidly-growing imaging company based in Edinburgh. The company develops state of the art panoramic and 3D imaging systems. The role will shape the design and build of the next iteration of our massive scale collection, processing and delivery capability. In this role you would lead in the creation of scalable software that converts petabytes of data collected at street level into valuable insight and context for our next generation of customers.
As a Senior Engineer you will join a team of talented engineers working as part of a sustainable paced agile team. You will be involved in every aspect of the process from idea generation, architecture, design, development and deployment.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Working with the Product Owner to design and realise new capability through system architecture and design
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning data pipelines
- Supporting R&D team to scale capability from prototype to production
- Mentor to junior engineers and other technical team members
- Peer review work of other senior team leads at NCTech
- Propose and review new initiatives at company wide Technical Lead Forum
Skills & Experience
- 5 years experience with object oriented programming languages (Java, Python or C++)
- Experience with cloud native environments (AWS, GCP, Azure or Kubernetes)
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems
- Advanced coding (concurrency, distributed systems and metrics driven optimisation)
- Broad range of algorithms and data-structures (understanding when and how to use hashing or partitioning; O(n) vs O(n2))
- Business focus and pragmatic decision making skills.
- Experience with PostgreSQL with PostGIS
- Experience with GIS data, processing and concepts (projections, CRS and visualisation)
- Experience with data science tools (Pandas, Jupyter Notebook or R)
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance of 33 days;
- The opportunity to flex your working day;
- Never work your birthday – we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!;
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech;
- Family friendly benefits;
- Plenty of shindigs and social events – we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch!
- Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.