NCTech has established itself as a market leader in the provision of 360° street level imagery and 3D data to Big Tech customers. The company operates globally and is on a rapid growth trajectory, serving the likes of the Immersive Media and Geographic Information System markets. We collect and process petabytes of data across multiple cloud platforms all across the globe.
About the job in 60 seconds
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Data Engineer to join a dynamic and rapidly-growing imaging company based in Edinburgh. The company develops state of the art panoramic and 3D imaging systems. The role is a chance to work on massive scale collection and processing systems. Working to ingest petabytes of data from all over the world into large scale multi-cloud processing systems.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will join a team of talented engineers working as part of a sustainable paced agile team. You will be involved in every aspect of the process from idea generation, design, development and deployment.
Skills and Experience
- 5 years experience with object oriented programming languages (Java, Python or C++)
- Experience with cloud native environments (AWS, GCP, Azure or Kubernetes)
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems
- Advanced coding (concurrency, distributed systems and metrics driven optimisation)
- Broad range of algorithms and data-structures (understanding when and how to use hashing or partitioning; O(n) vs O(n2))
- Business focus and pragmatic decision making skills.
- Experience with PostgreSQL with PostGIS.
- Experience with GIS data, processing and concepts (projections, CRS and visualisation)
- Experience with data science tools (Pandas, Jupyter Notebook or R)
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance of 33 days;
- The opportunity to flex your working day;
- Never work your birthday – we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!;
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech;
- Family friendly benefits;
- Plenty of shindigs and social events – we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch!; and
- £300 contribution towards home office furniture and equipment.
Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.