NCTech has established itself as a market leader in the provision of 360° street level imagery and 3D data to Big Tech customers. The company operates globally and is on a rapid growth trajectory, serving the likes of the Immersive Media and Geographic Information System markets.
About the job in 60 seconds
An opportunity has arisen for a Product Owner to join a dynamic and rapidly-growing data company based in Edinburgh on a contract basis. The company collects and processes 360° imagery and 3D data globally for a range of large customers.
The successful PO will work across our capture systems value stream including hardware, software and firmware ensuring our teams are working on the right improvements to ensure we maintain and improve our market leading equipment. You will also help to upskill our team and share your experience to help us improve our delivery model.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Elicit, curate and prioritise the Product Backlog.
- Work with a cross skilled hardware, software and firmware engineering team (hardware,software and firmware) to estimate the Product Backlog.
- Maintain the Product Roadmap and define Major, Minor and Maintenance releases to meetcommercial goals.
- Manage the release process e.g. schedule, budget, release notes etc.
- Work with the engineering and quality teams to support sprint planning, requirement definition and implementation validation to lead and manage part of an agile development and release process
- Proactively manage product risk, assumptions, issues, dependencies and mitigation.
- Experience as a PO in a complex high-tech product that combines hardware and software through concept, feasibility, development, launch and post market
- Product Owner expertise, within large-scale, complex, cross-functional product programs integrating hardware, software, and controls
- Experience with building road maps for highly complex products
- Experience in the definition of product release and deployment strategies
- Background in Software and Hardware development
- Experience in Atlassian tools for requirements, test and planning
- Familiar with navigation/map systems (not essential)
- Familiar with GIS and panoramic capture systems (not essential)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
How to apply
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request