NCTech has established itself as a market leader in the provision of 360° street level imagery and 3D data to Big Tech customers. The company operates globally and is on a rapid growth trajectory, serving the likes of the Immersive Media and Geographic Information System markets.
About the job in 60 seconds
An opportunity has arisen for a Product Owner to join a dynamic and rapidly-growing geospatial data company based in Edinburgh. The company collects and processes georeferenced 360° imagery and 3D data globally for a range of large customers.
The successful PO will work across our value streams on areas like capture hardware; capture management and data products ensuring our teams are working on the right improvements to ensure we maintain and improve our market leading equipment and technology. You will also work as part of a Product team to improve our ways of working and roadmapping!
Responsibilities and Skills
- Work with stakeholders across the organisation to prioritise the Product Backlog in line with our company goals.
- Work with a cross skilled engineering team (hardware, software, QA and firmware) to estimate the Product Backlog.
- Maintain the Product Roadmap and define Major, Minor and Maintenance releases to meet company goals.
- Manage the release process e.g. schedule, budget, release notes etc.
- Work with the engineering and quality teams to support sprint planning, requirement definition and implementation validation to lead and manage part of an agile development and release process
- Proactively manage product risk, assumptions, issues, dependencies and mitigation.
- Experience as a PO in a complex high-tech product that combines hardware and software (beneficial)
- Product Owner expertise, within complex, cross-functional product
- Experience with building road maps for highly complex products
- Experience in the definition of product release and deployment strategies
- Background in Software or Hardware development
- Experience in Atlassian tools for requirements, test and planning
- Familiar with GIS and panoramic capture systems (not essential)
- Familiar with navigation/map systems (not essential)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance of 33 days;
- The opportunity to flex your working day;
- Never work your birthday – we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!;
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech;
- Family friendly benefits;
- Plenty of shindigs and social events – we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch!
- Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.