NCTech has established itself as a market leader in the provision of 360° street level imagery and 3D data to Big Tech customers. The company operates globally and is on a rapid growth trajectory, serving the likes of the Immersive Media and Geographic Information System markets.
About the job in 60 seconds
An opportunity has arisen for a to join a dynamic and rapidly-growing data company based in Edinburgh. The company collects and processes 360° imagery and 3D data globally for a range of large customers.
We’re looking for a Trainee Electronics Technician to work with our industry leading technology learning how to build, test and calibrate in a fast paced environment. Great opportunity for someone to further or start your career with an interest in manufacturing, electronics and computer science.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Assist in the build, calibration, licensing and testing of NCTech equipment
- Assist in the stock and asset management of NCTech equipment
- Learn and assist in all aspects of build i.e. Lens build and focus, cabling
- Learn how to use a soldering station
- Learn and utiliise computer programming (Python) to programme tests and boards
- A relevant college qualification or equivalent (mechanical/electrical/computer science)
- Experience/interest in manufacturing would be nice to have
- Awareness of basic health and safety
- Basic knowledge of equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work within a flexible environment
- Ability to work as part of team in a fast paced environment
- Problem solver mindset and a can do attitude
- Own vehicle and driving licence (nice to have)
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance of 33 days;
- The opportunity to flex your working day;
- Never work your birthday – we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!;
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech;
- Family friendly benefits;
- Plenty of shindigs and social events – we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch!
- Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request