NCTech has established itself as a market leader in the provision of 360° street level imagery and 3D data to Big Tech customers. The company operates globally, collecting and processing 360°imagery and 3D data for a range of customers and is on a rapid growth trajectory, serving the likes of the Immersive Media and Geographic Information System markets.
About the job in 60 seconds
An opportunity has arisen for a part time Management Accountant to join a dynamic and rapidly-growing data company based in Edinburgh. The role is a chance to work closely with the Head of Finance within the finance team to assist the company as it continues to grow, providing key support to the finance function and wider business.
As a Management Accountant you will join a team of talented NCTechers working as part of an expanding, forward thinking business which will utilise your skills and experience as a qualified Management Accountant and also offer opportunities to further develop your skills.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts including variance analysis and commentary
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Day to day management and coaching of Assistant Accountant
- Overall responsibility for day-to-day credit control and management
- Overseeing the transaction processing
- Oversight of inventory management system along with monthly stock reconciliations
- Reviewing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Assistance with international tax and filing obligations
- Providing oversight and administration support for US subsidiary
- Assisting the Head of Finance with cashflow forecasting
- Cost and margin analysis of various projects
- Investigate operational variances to budget, communicate to management and advise on potential efficiencies/cost control measures
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Ensuring compliance with UK GAAP reporting standards
- Liaising with external accountants
- Assisting the Head of Finance with the annual audit process
- Assisting the Head of Finance with any ad hoc duties
- Be a qualified accountant (CA or CIMA)
- Previous experience in a similar accounting environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate good business partnering capabilities
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving across multiple areas
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer literacy, with good Excel skills
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage your own workload
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A proactive, efficient approach
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance of 33 days;
- The opportunity to flex your working day;
- Never work your birthday – we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!;
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech;
- Family friendly benefits;
- Plenty of shindigs and social events – we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch!; and
- £300 contribution towards home office furniture and equipment.
Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.