NCTech has established itself as a market leader in the provision of 360° street level imagery and 3D data to Big Tech, among others. The company’s vision is to create the world’s leading provider of street-level geospatial data and analytics, serving markets such as Mapping, Immersive Media, Government, Transportation, Telecommunications and Utilities.
About the job in 60 seconds
An opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant (12 Month Maternity Cover) to join a dynamic and rapidly-growing data company based in Edinburgh. The role is a chance to work closely with the Interim Director of Finance to assist the company as it continues to grow, providing key support to the finance function and wider business.
You will join a team of talented NCTechers working as part of an expanding, forward thinking business which will utilise your skills and experience as a qualified Management Accountant and also offer opportunities to further develop your skills.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts including variance analysis and commentary
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Day to day management and coaching of Assistant Accountant
- Overall responsibility for day-to-day credit control and management
- Overseeing the transaction processing
- Oversight of inventory management system along with monthly stock reconciliations
- Reviewing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Assistance with international tax and filing obligations
- Providing oversight and administration support for US subsidiary
- Assisting the Interim Director of Finance with cashflow forecasting
- Cost and margin analysis of various projects
- Investigate operational variances to budget, communicate to management and advise on potential efficiencies/cost control measures
- Processing payroll for UK and US based employees and liaising with outsourced payroll providers for each entity
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Ensuring compliance with UK GAAP reporting standards
- Liaising with external accountants
- Assisting the Interim Director of Finance with the annual audit process
- Assisting the Interim Director of Finance with any ad hoc duties
- Be a qualified accountant (CA or CIMA)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate good business partnering capabilities
- Experience of working in a similar fast-paced accounting environment
- Problem solving across multiple areas
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer literacy, with good Excel skills
- Experience of working with accounting software and systems such as Xero and Salesforce is
- Focussed on accurate and timely delivery of key deliverables, along with ability to meet
- deadlines and manage your own workload
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A proactive, efficient approach
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance of 33 days;
- The opportunity to flex your working day;
- Never work your birthday – we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!;
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech;
- Family friendly benefits;
- Plenty of shindigs and social events – we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch!; and
- £300 contribution towards home office furniture and equipment.
Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
If you’re ready to help power us on our journey to hyper-growth then send your CV along with why you should join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference FIN23 in the subject title.
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.