NCTech has established itself as a market leader in the provision of 360° street level imagery and 3D data to Big Tech customers. The company operates globally and is on a rapid growth trajectory, serving the Immersive Media and Geographic Information System markets. We already collect and process petabytes of data across multiple cloud platforms all across the globe.
About the job in 60 seconds
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior QA Engineer to join a dynamic and rapidly-growing imaging company based in Edinburgh. The company develops state of the art panoramic and 3D imaging systems. The role will be part of the newly founded QA team. In this role you would help to drive the quality standards within the company, work on testing the latest functionality, help solve issues, apply processes and new technology solutions.
We are looking for a Junior Quality Assurance engineer to join a team of talented engineers working as part of a new sustainable paced agile team. As a QA engineer, you will be designing and implementing tests, debugging and making corrective actions. You will play a vital role in the company’s product development process developing cutting edge technology and evolving our QA strategy and processes. You will be responsible for testing software, working with big data and data validation to ensure that our products are free from errors and reliable. Whilst learning and receiving support to develop skills and techniques to become a key member of the team.
Responsibilities and Skills
- QA of world class software and hardware to help us release scalable, maintainable, production-ready features.
- Work with the QA team to develop and implement appropriate test methodologies to meet needs.
- Testing tools created for data handling.
- Creating test cases and designing and implementing test processes.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Handle data and data validation for internal and external customers..
- Maintenance of API’s and test suites.
- Experience with Databases and SQL knowledge.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Knowledge of working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools is a plus but not essential.
- Knowledge of testing with big data is a plus but not essential.
- Knowledge of performance and/ or security testing is a plus but not essential.
- GIS experience is a plus but not essential
- Willingness to take ownership over test processes and best practices .
- Ability to multitask across testing several products and handle rapidly changingsituations.
We currently offer:
- Generous holiday allowance of 33 days;
- The opportunity to flex your working day;
- Never work your birthday – we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!;
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech;
- Family friendly benefits;
- Plenty of shindigs and social events – we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch!
- Above all we are really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture!
How to apply
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.