About the job in 60 seconds
As our Data Compliance Administrator (“DCA”), you’ll be responsible for helping to ensure the controls put in place by our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) are being adhered to. The role will include maintaining our compliance documentation and improving awareness of data protection requirements among your colleagues through training and policy updates.
You will work closely with our Programme Operations team, internal data protection committee and our outsourced DPO to ensure continued compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) and other data protection legislation.
While it is not essential that you have previous experience of working in data protection, we are looking for someone with some prior knowledge of the underlying principles, rules and regulations. Previous experience in risk management and / or the legal sector would also be useful. If you are a law student or recent graduate with an interest in data protection, this could be the role for you.
- Supporting our outsourced DPO to ensure continued compliance with the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018 and guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- Maintaining the data register for GDPR compliance and monitoring the recording of data processing on the register;
- Ensuring that recommendations from compliance audits are actioned in a timely manner;
- Maintaining and reviewing NCTech’s Data Protection Policy, Subject Access Request Procedure, Data Breach Procedure, Data Protection Impact Assessment Template, and other compliance documentation;
- Liaising with our outsourced DPO to investigate potential data breaches, deal with requests from data subjects, and promote a culture of Privacy by Design and by Default within the company; and
- Reviewing online enquiry forms, Privacy Notice, Cookies Policy and Online Terms and Conditions when necessary, ensuring all material on our website is GDPR compliant.
In less than 10 years, NCTech has established itself as a market leader in the provision of 360° street level imagery and 3D data to Big Tech customers. The company operates globally and is on a rapid growth trajectory, serving the likes of the Immersive Media and Geographic Information System markets.
We’re really proud of our diverse, open and overall awesome company culture – on top of that we offer a wide range of employee benefits such as:
- A generous holiday allowance of 33 days
- Never Work Your Birthday – we think you should always enjoy your birthday off!
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced pension
- Excellent health benefits cash plan paid for by NCTech
- Family friendly benefits
- Plenty of shindigs and social events – we’re always open to ideas and we’re a sociable bunch!
- Free snacks and a selection of drinks in the office
- Amazing top-floor office in Edinburgh city centre with panoramic views of the castle
How to apply
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.