NCTech has established itself as a leading provider of high resolution 360° street level imagery and 3D data to some of the largest companies in the world. Our disruptive technology allows us to capture and process high quality data at low cost, within market-leading turnaround times. Our vision is to evolve into the world’s leading independent provider of street-level, geospatial data.
Working with a blank canvas, the CCO will drive the refinement and execution of our commercial strategy, positioning the business to capture data once and licence it multiple times to both existing and new market segments. The CCO will be “hands on”, equally adept at big picture thinking, converting sales opportunities and team building.
It’s expected that you will have a demonstrable track record of successfully leading a commercial function to drive revenue growth in new markets, likely within a B2B SaaS or DaaS environment. It would be even better if you have geospatial data experience and previous exposure to the Immersive Media, Telco/Utility, Transportation and / or Government market segments.
We are headquartered in Edinburgh, UK and operate internationally, including through our US subsidiary. There is an opportunity to work remotely, with some travel expected when it becomes safe to do so.
- Build relationships. Apply your industry and applications knowledge to identify, evaluate and target prospective customers. Leverage and build upon your professional network to drive new sales opportunities and participate in trade shows, workshops and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization and demonstrate NCTech’s compelling value proposition. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes. Provide clear guidance to technical colleagues regarding customers’ requirements.
- Deliver results. Generate and convert sales opportunities to consistently meet / exceed your revenue targets. You will work alongside the Co-CEO or CCO in negotiating customer terms to achieve recurring revenue and healthy margins; over time, you will be entrusted to take the lead on this.
- Collaborate with our team. Work alongside our Product Owners to ensure our Technical teams are aligned on key customer requirements / deliverables.
- Own your development. Commitment to professional development is expected. You will maintain an awareness of key market and technology trends, their relevance to our customers and the opportunities these present for NCTech.
This role offers a good level of autonomy and an opportunity to develop within a high-growth technology business. For outstanding performers, there is scope for rapid progression and as such, these responsibilities could evolve over time.
- Adopts a “lead from the front” approach and is able to deliver growth within a lean support environment;
- Ability to produce accurate sales forecasting and effective pipeline management;
- Strong negotiator with a track record of converting recurring revenue opportunities aligned with company strategy;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, coupled with a strong attention to detail and commercial nous;
- Adept at managing marketing initiatives to support broader commercial strategy; and
- Tenacious, hard-working and humble with the ability to inspire.
- Good knowledge and understanding of geospatial data and experience of selling to some of NCTech’s targeted segments; and
- Experience of driving revenue growth through angel to series A-C funding rounds and the gravitas to build investor confidence.
Pursuing the Opportunity
NCTech is proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture and we don’t tolerate any kind of bias, judgement or harassment. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.